How Does It Work and What Is It Used For?
Pristine Inc. offers sanitization spray fogging (SSF) of disinfectant agents to help sanitize indoor surfaces and fight the spread of viruses and bacteria.
Electrostatic disinfection is an increasingly popular and exciting technology. It’s a powerful way to quickly and efficiently sanitize surfaces with coverage nearly impossible to achieve with traditional cleaning methods.
No more cleaning just the easy to reach areas – we’re covering all surfaces, even those inaccessible and oddly shaped ones with a potent cleaning agent. And to ensure maximum results, the chemical is applied evenly everywhere in a continuous coat. So, there’s no fear of missing a spot, or not applying enough agent to a contaminated areas.
What is Electrostatic Disinfection?
Simply put – it’s like adding a magnetic force to sanitization spray fogging. We use our electrostatic sprayers to distribute cleaning agents inside a room. But to take it a step further, our machines charge the chemical droplets at an atomic level.
Here's how it works:
- Our technicians enter a room and turn on the SSF fogging machines. A second ON switch activates the electrostatic charging feature.
- The spray is made of a specialized solution that is combined with air and atomized by an electrode inside the sprayer.
- The technician then sprays an electrostatically charged mist onto surfaces and objects all around the room.
- Because these mist particles are charged, they adhere to neutrally charged surfaces and objects throughout an office or room.
- They cling to and coat any surface – that includes desks, tools, equipment, chairs, coats, walls, floors. These surfaces are completely enveloped by the chemical.
- Then the agent goes to work to sanitize the covered surfaces. That means killing microbes, viruses and bacteria that are sticking to and potentially replicating on these surfaces.
- Following application, the chemicals do their work and dry quickly so you can resume business with the peace of mind that all the surfaces have been treated with disinfectant.
Advantages of Electrostatic Disinfection
- Extremely Versatile. It can clean all the awkwardly shaped items in a room. This is an excellent option for places that are difficult to clean thoroughly (phones, computers, keyboards, instruments and tools on desktops, chairs, floors, walls).
- Powerfully Magnetic. In most instances, surfaces are neutral. The charged particles are attracted do surfaces that are a different polarity. This same method is how the automotive industry sprays paint on surfaces.
- Coats Evenly. Because they the particles are charged, they’ll be attracted to neutral surfaces around the office. And because they’re charged, they’ll spread around the surfaces because the similarly charged particles don’t like to be stacked up on each other.
- Quick Application. It’s estimated up to 50% faster sanitization process compared to traditional methods.
- Fights Viruses and Bacteria. Helps control spread of bacteria and virus like the COVID-19 coronavirus on surfaces, but also other viruses and bacteria that are easily transmitted.
- Super Efficient. The process is controlled and results in even application, which reduces the chances of over-using chemicals.
- Long Reach. It can get those hard to reach places, nooks and crannies all around the office that are otherwise easy to miss or difficult to access.
- Improves Infection Control Programs. This process can help improve SOPs for facilities that have or are developing an infection control programs due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Dries Quickly. The chemical agents dry quickly following application. So you can get safely back to work shortly after application.
Electrostatic Spraying in Action
Here’s a great demonstration of how this works. Though this is an agricultural example, the principles are exactly the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is electrostatic disinfection/SSF safe for electronics? YES. The fogging process emits chemicals at such a microscopic level that electronics will not be adversely impacted by chemical. When close to any powered equipment, like computers or phones, we will turn off the charging component to avoid any electrical damage. Those items will still be covered with agent because of the density of the fog.
Are there any areas that will be damaged by the SSF fogging process? No. The fogging process is a safe application of chemical. It is no more concerning than applying disinfectant spray that you would use yourself at home. The chemicals that we have selected to use are on the EPA and CDC approval lists. They are safe for all common woods, fabrics, metals, plastics, electronics, and papers. We recommend utilizing a soft rag to wipe down any sensitive surfaces after treatment/dry time but that is not required.
What kind of spaces can you sanitize? We can sanitize just about any interior space: offices, breakrooms, conference rooms, lobbies, reception areas, and also transportation vehicles. Any area that involves human interaction should be sanitized.
Who is using this type of service? Any company or facility that continues to have people present in buildings. We are currently working with local governments, business owners, property managers, health facilities, first responders and schools.
How long will it take to treat my home/business? It depends on the size of the space, but it is much faster and more effective than conventional means of disinfecting by hand.
Can you guarantee that I/my staff will not get the Coronavirus? COVID-19 is currently assumed to be three times more contagious than the flu. We can offer no guarantees regarding your health. The disinfectant we use is recognized by the EPA to kill the cause of COVID-19 in the concentration we use to apply it.
Is this service for me? Yes. While we consult with each customer individually to determine if this is a good fit for them, we are confident that most places that conduct business and have people in and out can greatly benefit from this service.
It’s virtually impossible to sanitize every surface in a building by hand – there are just too many areas that are hard to clean with 100% coverage. That’s why this service is quickly becoming in high demand!
You can work safely while protecting your staff and customers. Contact us today to learn more or schedule your free consultation!
Contact us today to schedule your free quote!
A lot of companies over-promise and under-deliver, but not us!
We have made it our mission to deliver the most amazing customer experience ever! It’s a bold statement, but we have the character, experience, processes and guarantees to back it up! It’s important to us that you are treated with respect and delighted with every aspect of our work.
© Pristine Inc. All Rights Reserved